Cameron Leach Sabian COLOR.jpg

I’m very excited to be touring Florida for the next two weeks, hitting some wonderful universities, high school programs, and more. Here’s a full listing of where I’ll be, and what I’ll be doing:

• Feb. 5, 12:30pm — Master Class @ Douglas Anderson School of the Arts

• Feb. 6, 7pm — Solo Recital @ Douglas Anderson School of the Arts

• Feb. 7, 8pm — Solo Recital @ University of Central Florida

• Feb. 8, 11:30am — Master Class @ University of Central Florida

• Feb. 11, 7pm — Performance @ SubCentral at the Iberian Rooster (Classical Revolution)

• Feb. 12, 1:25pm — Clinic @ Southeastern University

• Feb. 12, 2:50pm — Solo Recital @ Southeastern University

• Feb. 13, 7:30pm — Solo Recital @ University of South Florida

• Feb. 14, 12:30pm — Clinic @ University of South Florida

• Feb. 15, 1:30pm — Performance/Clinic @ University of North Florida

Because I’m performing such a large piece (Trilogy), using lots of electronics, and hitting so many different places, it made the most sense to load up lots of my accessory instruments/hardware and drive this tour. Of course, it’s a long haul, but it’s worth it to ensure consistency from gig to gig. These sorts of practical concerns are the touring percussionist’s version of on the job training! Also, I’ve come to value the sense of control that comes with driving—it allows me peace of mind, knowing that I can get in my car and drive somewhere while on the road, without waiting for a driver or sticking to an inflexible itinerary. I’m sure my thoughts on this will change later… :)

A special thanks to Paige DeDecker, Thad Anderson, Catherine Cole, Brian Blume, David Mitchell, Bob McCormick, William Brown, and Andrea Venet for all of your help in organizing, hosting, etc.

And of course, thanks to Sabian, Black Swamp Percussion, and Malletech for the wonderful sponsor support!

Thanks all!